If your response to pictures like the ones above is "Oh, WHAT - EV- ER, what planet does she live on?", I imagine you and I have agreed a time or two about the Proverbs 31 woman.
Here's a quick list of characteristics about the P31 woman I jotted down:
- She's excellent.
- She's rare.
- She's worth more than rubies.
- She's reliable.
- She's good to her husband -- Everyday.
- She's like a merchant ship, bringing food from afar.
- She's up before dawn to feed everyone.
- She makes investments.
- She works out.
- She stays up late.
- She works hard.
- She's generous.
- She's not afraid of the weather.
- She makes her own clothes.
- She has a husband who is respected.
- She makes clothes to sell.
- She doesn't worry about the future.
- She's wise.
- She teaches.
- She stays busy and is never idle. I guess that means no Sunday afternoon naps :(
- She is praised by her children.
- She is praised by her husband.
- She fears the Lord.
Sounds like quite a bit to measure up to, huh? Nowhere in this list does it say she yells at her kids, rolls her eyes, or huffs at the wreck she finds the house in.
As if that list of 23 things weren't enough, here's a few titles I found for this portion of scripture:
- Description of a Worthy Woman
- The Praise and Characteristics of a Good Wife
- The Wife of Noble Character
So what do you think about the Proverbs 31 woman? Do you love her or do you loathe her? I thought it would be fun to kick off our Proverbs 31 posts with a little survey! It's okay, you can be honest! No one will know what you answered :) I still have days when the first option would be the one I would pick!
By the way, don't forget to visit The Prayer Closet, I have the July Prayer Tool ready for you. This month the focus is on the fear of the Lord. You can download it and print it out to use in your prayer time throughout July.